Thursday, October 9, 2008

Anniversaries are so special...Don't you think?

And today was a special anniversary for sure. It has been one month since I asked Dh to help assemble my treadmill. Ah...time certainly does fly when you're having fun (or staring at a half-open box of treadmill guts day after freaking day). When I asked him to help (one month ago today), he said "we'll do it wednesday." I could hardly get to sleep on Tuesday night. Why, it's Treadmill Eve! All joy is fleeting tho, because Treadmill Day came and he announced that "he needed to take it slowly because it was pretty complicated." Right. Gotcha. Okey Dokey. Well, I had no idea just exactly how slowly he'd be taking it. Apparently he was modeling his schedule after the guys who built Stonehenge. Days to weeks...weeks to month...*sigh*

So this morning I, me, myself AND moi put the damned thing together in like 90 minutes. NINETY MINUTES. I mean from laying out the guts to striding that first mile. Yeah. 90 minutes. Tops. I am complicated and should be taken slowly. The treadmill, on the other hand, was not. See, I do so know the difference.
I love him, I do. But sometimes he's just another guy hanging around here with a cowlick and a penis (all of them have the same cowlick, penis, not so much.)

And how does all this affect my disposition?

Well, now, that's complicated.

No comments: