Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And with Grace comes Humor

We have a mirror in one of the gardens--not like it's Ladew Topiary or anything, but since more gardens=less mowing, we have a lot of gardens and one of them has a damned mirror in it. There. Now we all understand.

Anyway, I'm looking out the window watching LRHF doing the LRHF show in front of the mirror, it's a saucy blend of current events, topical humor, and Blues Clues references (seriously, I have no idea what it's about but I'm pretty sure that's what he thinks it's about. ) And he's got a pad and pencil on the picnic table beside him. And he's looking in the mirror saying, "Clap LRHF. Clap. " First, he'd model the behavior and then he'd request it of himself. For freaking heaven's sake the boy is playing ABA therapy on himself. He'd run a trial and then make some notes on his pad. Get very pleased when he responded correctly. Rather stern when he didn't. I thought I'd fall down. He's pretending to be his doctor, for crying out loud. I can't even say what this means, but I find it oddly sweet and just chock full of higher level thinking. So I can't complain.

Well, not about that, anyway. You know how I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always keep track of the happenings in this land. I can't miss a thing. Just haven't been vocal-I'm in my own black place and don't need to spread that love.

I think, as you, that this is oddly sweet. And interesting. A mirror in the garden. I like that.

xoxovic