Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is This the Circle of Life?

An old friend reminded me that, at one time, and many, many times, I would not sleep more than three or four hours a night.

True dat.

But that was dreaming deferred for parties and clubbing (???) and No-Doz fueled all-night drives to the beach and getting thrown out of bars and...anyway, you get the picture. Oh, and there were police chases. Not many, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention them. Okay, maybe three. On the outside.

But my God, that was a century ago. Am humming Annie Lennox tunes at the thought. And I was not tired. I was not a mother or a wife. I had no grey hair. Had very little hair, as I recall (think A. Lennox/Joey Heatherton hybrid sort of 'do. Pas Pretty.) I am sooooo much older now. So much mommier now. So much greyer now. And wifier, almost forgot that one. Very wifey now.

Anyway, she seemed to think that this was a circle of sorts.

I think she is full of shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to smile at your life changes post. I am so there with you, girl. Any sleep for the weary yet?

xoxovic