Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bad Ass Mama Breaking the Law

Today I got a speeding ticket. I was taking LRHF and his therapist to the playground and I was playing autobahn at five miles over the speed limit.

Then I got a citation because I could not prove that I'd had Lasik surgery, and thus appeared to be non-compliant with the restrictions listed on my license. Was tersely reminded that "driving in this state is a privilege, not a right."

WTF?

Seriously, WTF?

I hope with all my heart that everyone feels safe in the knowledge that our police force is doing its job with integrity and compassion.

Now if you all will excuse me, I must be getting back to the meth operation in my backyard gazebo. It's all about timing with that stuff, you know.

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you! How is therapy going?

xoxovic

P.S. For God's sake, please slow down.