Wednesday, September 3, 2008

He Gets it Honest, that Little Round Headed Fellow

All his sensory stuff. Downright mitochondrial, even. Can't figure whether I'm amused or mystified (or horrified) by the stuff I will do just to avoid folding laundry and emptying the dishwasher. Dh is of the latter two schools of thought on the subject, poor thing.

Just finished building me a hummingbird feeder out of an antique diet rite bottle, a wire hanger, the rubber wheely thing from a kid car, some makeup sponges (clean), a bit of surgical tubing, and (best for last) a cube from the "Don't Break the Ice" game.

Yup. Mighty proud just now. Now, I won't say it was easy and I won't say it was necessary, but it was what I did instead of emptying the dishwasher. There were no injuries sustained, and isn't that really the important thing? Oh wait, it also had the gasket thing from an old Avent bottle. Yeah, can't forget that.

Ooh, I love to "see if I might could figure out how to maybe (insert project here)." Not particularly good at it (see entry regarding washer repair and hand stapling) but I do so love to get into stuff. Just like the little fellow. He gets it honest.

So there I am, riding the endorphin high of fait accomplait (not that the hummingbirds even noticed--they can be such carbo-bitches) and I see a fan. Regular old plastic computer-colored fan.

hmmmm.....

No more. No sir and no thank you. No more mousy little fan for me 'cause I tricked that baby out baaaad. (oh god, even *I* think maybe you should stop here). Painted that baby--they come apart you know--a rich liatris purple and then did the blades in silver. Fab? yes. Fin? no. Put some sparkles on the blades and then laid some polished glass beads over the part that says breeze machine or whatever. Now fin. Fab, Fin and Fine.

Poor dh. He'll not even notice. Even if he can see it over the piles of unfolded laundry and unmatched socks. Even if an ephemeral sprite of light from one of the fanblade sparklies catches his eye in the early morning light.

*sigh*

So much texture. So much sparkle. So much color. Possibly too much for the little fan that mostly sorta hangs out in my bathroom, I dunno. I do know the LRHF will be all about it when he sees it. He will be in sensory heaven. We two will really enjoy this disco tricked out bad-ass fan. We're just alike that way.

Yessir, that's my baby. That bauble didn't fall far from the chandelier, if you get my drift. (if you didn't get my drift replace bauble with apple and chandelier with tree and that should help).

I have no idea about the dishes and laundry. Ah well.




No comments: