Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How Lucky Can You Get?

I am just so darn envious of the Mamas who work for health insurance companies.

Seriously.

You see, none of those Mamas have a child with special needs. I know. Can you believe it?

But it must be true because they are Mamas. And if even one insurance-company-working-Mama had wept over her child's harder, slower time; if even one insurance-company-working-Mama had worn ruts in herself thinking that surely she did this thing that harmed her child, if even one of these Mamas had a child with special needs, or even if they knew a child with special needs, those Mamas would surely fix the insurance thing so that the child got treatment--early, affordable, and appropriate treatment.

Mamas are like that.

Yes. Yes, I do know how the world works, but This is My Son and He is Five Years Old and He Deserves Treatment.

Come on now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right - he DOES deserve treatment. And with you as his mama? I'm pretty damn sure he will. Hang in there even though I know it's hard to do. xovic