Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Three Ring Circus

Ironically enough, I don't believe I've ever used that term to describe my house, my boys, my world. Probably take more than three rings, don't you think?

Am desperate. Grasping at all sorts of odd "huh, I never thought about that" ways to have at the very least, another pair of eyes connected to a brain that has a mouth from which to yell "No, no, NOOOO, LRHF!" (that seems to be my forte in this parenting game. Not trying to impress anyone, I'm just saying.)

So a neighbor knows some people who work with some people who might know some people who might be able to help us keep it together, at least for now. So I make some calls. And one of these people, she calls me back. From Circus Camp in Vermont.

Circus Camp.

Right. I know.

But certain times call for certain measures. So we meet up, all of us. And we're trying to figure out if this is something that might be do-able, even just a teensy bit. And she notes LRHF's red hair and offers to trade her redhead for my redhead. (which btw, is probably legal in our great state and then I could stop listing Fuzzy on Ebay) So I say, "how old is your redhead?" and she says, "he's seventeen," and I say, "I love teen-age boys!" (Note to self: stop saying this to people, for heavens' sake, and find a new way to explain that you particularly enjoy working with adolescents, because this way is really, really creepy, even after you clarify)

Long story short, we no longer have trained therapists. We have another redhead. Granted, a more-likely-to-be smart and responsible one, but I just sort of think it's funny. Maybe not ha-ha funny, now that I really think about it, but another potty-trained person is another potty trained person, you know? That's pretty much the bar these days. And his mom will work w/LRHF on motor stuff, too. She's good, just busy. And she brings all this circus stuff when she comes.

Oh, and also, as one might expect in Our Family of Strange and Useless Superpowers, we've discovered that Big Boy is really quite a natural at walking on stilts.

That'll come in handy someday, right?









No comments: